[MOBY-dev] Holy cow! Lotsa hits!

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnio.es
Thu Nov 30 21:06:53 UTC 2006

You should have some way to distinguish automated tools entries from the other
(with some help from the tool developers, of course). As every request is done
through HTTP, you could use User Agent signature recorded in Apache logs. For
instance, each tool could use a different 'User Agent' variant, so they could
be distinguished, or if a program/tool is going can issue requests related to
maintenance, it should be advisable to alter its 'User Agent' signature in
some way based on their mode.

	Just my 2 euro-cents.
		José María

--
José María Fernández González
Tlfn: (+34) 91 732 80 00 / 91 224 69 00 (ext 2256)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en su caso los ficheros adjuntos, pueden contener información protegida para el uso exclusivo de su destinatario. Se prohíbe la distribución, reproducción o cualquier otro tipo de transmisión por parte de otra persona que no sea el destinatario. Si usted recibe por error este correo, se ruega comunicarlo al remitente y borrar el mensaje recibido.
**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This email communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the designated recipient named above. Distribution, reproduction or any other use of this transmission by any party other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.