[MOBY-dev] [moby] BioMOBY at the Oscars

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Mar 8 16:25:23 UTC 2006

I don't know about "gold standard" - there are quite a few good ones in
the registry these days... this service:

urn:lsid:biomoby.org:serviceinstance:org.inab.upc,runFasty:2006-03-04T08-50-58Z

captures most of the features of the RDF signature...

does that help?  What, specifically, are you looking for in the RDF?  A
comprehensive use of all of the predicates, or a "gold standard" for
what we consider to be a well-documented (i.e. described) service?

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:08 +0000, Duncan Hull wrote:
> Dear moby-dev
>
> Whats currently the best example a service annotation in BioMOBY? The
> Oscar-winning gold-standard example of how it can and should be done
> using the full expressive power of namespace, object and service ontologies?
>
> Is this the best example?
> urn:lsid:biomoby.org:serviceinstance:bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca,getSHound3DNeighboursFromGi
>
> Or are there better ones?
>
> Duncan

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future