[MOBY-dev] [moby] BioMOBY powered logo?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Thu Jul 27 18:07:45 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

I really like the "old" logo and I want to make BioMOBY look good on
that poster, so I didn't want to settle for the low-res version. It
turns out the font used to create it was American Typewriter and once
you have the correct font recreating a high resolution vector image
is no longer mission impossible :). I made a new high res version in
Adobe Illustrator and PDF format. The position of the Cs, Gs and Ts
is slightly different in the new version, but you'll have to see them
side by side to notice the difference. To make sure it won't get lost
again I checked them into the CVS. They are available from ~moby-live/
Docs/Artwork/

Cheers,

Pi

On 26-Jul-2006, at 5:58 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi Pieter,
>
> The M(actg)BY logo here (http://biomoby.org/moby1.gif)  is the only
> logo
> we really have.  There are some "powered-by" buttons, but they aren't
> that spectacular.  There's a nice logo/button created by the Remora
> group here (http://lipm-bioinfo.toulouse.inra.fr/remora/img/
> remora.png),
> but since they use the M(actg)BY logo in their logo, I doubt that they
> have a high-res version of it.
>
> The M(actg)BY logo was created by a colleague of Paul Gordon's way
> back
> in 2002... I don't know if the original file still exists, but I have
> c.c.'d him on this response to bring it to his attention.  If not,
> then
> all we have is that low-res version of the logo.
>
> :-/

> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 11:57 +0200, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm making a poster for a project where we have used BioMOBY to make
>> webservices. I'd like to advertise how wonderfull the BioMOBY project
>> is on that poster, so I was wondering if there is an official
>> "powered by BioMOBY" logo or something like that... Too much text on
>> a poster doesn't sell the message, so I prefer a good logo and a
>> reference to to www.biomoby.org over a literature reference.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Pi

> --
> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274
>
> "Since the point of a definition is to explain the meaning of a
> term to
>    someone who is unfamiliar with its proper application, the use of
> language that doesn't help such a person learn how to apply the
> term is
>  pointless. Thus, "happiness is a warm puppy" may be a lovely thought,
>                      but it is a lousy definition."
>
> Köhler et al, 2006

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen