[MOBY-dev] [moby] BioMOBY at ISMB / BOSC 2006

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jul 26 16:06:12 UTC 2006

Hi Pieter,

Nobody from the Vancouver crew will be at that meeting, unfortunately,
but a BOF would be really great - beach or no beach :-)  I suspect that
some of the Madrid/Barcelona team will be at ISMB as well, and it would
be really great for us to somehow better coordinate with their
activities.

A MOBY Booze-flow pipeline sounds like something I am going to regret
missing!

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 13:53 +0200, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering who's traveling to Fortaleza next week. I quickly
> browsed the program and saw Martin (et al.) will give a presentation
> at BOSC and will have a poster at ISMB, but I didn't spot any
> gathering for Mobyfiers yet. It's been a while since Martin organized
> BioMOBY meetings, so I was wondering in case many of you will be
> there if we can have some sort of informal BioMOBY gathering. Surely
> this mailinglist does a fine job, but sometimes it's much faster to
> talk to people "live" :). Furthermore  I'd love to see the faces that
> go with the names on this list :).
>
> So how do the others feel about a BioMOBY lunch or a BioMOBY coffee
> break meeting point? I also wouldn't mind to stay longer at the
> convention center for a BioMOBY diner. Then there is also the option
> of a Birds of a Feather (BOF) meeting during BOSC (These are free-
> form meetings organized by the attendees themselves to discuss one or
> a few topics of interest in greater detail). The list with suggestion
> for BOF topics is still empty last time I checked....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pi

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"Since the point of a definition is to explain the meaning of a term to
   someone who is unfamiliar with its proper application, the use of
language that doesn't help such a person learn how to apply the term is
 pointless. Thus, "happiness is a warm puppy" may be a lovely thought,
                     but it is a lousy definition."
                                                                Köhler et al, 2006