[MOBY-dev] encodeException question....

Frank Gibbons fgibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 21 15:48:34 UTC 2006

   Hi,
   Been away from MOBY for a while, now I'm back, and I see that everyone's
   been  very  busy  ;-)  Major kudos to Mark/Pieter on his work encoding
   Exceptions in the Perl API, as well as cleaning up the message-parsing into
   an object-oriented form. So much cleaner now than in the past!
   I  notice  also  that  the  INB  group posted to the mailing list some
   nice-looking code to encode all the work in the RFC from last year, but I
   didn't see it make it into the actual code base. Am I right? It too looked
   pretty clean, seems like it'd make a good addition to the codebase.
   Regarding the docs for CommonSubs::encodeExceptions, it seems to me that the
   first two arguments are confused:
   usage:
  encodeException(

-refElement => 'refers to the queryID of the offending input
mobyData',

-refQueryID => 'refers to the articleName of the offending input
Simple or Collection'

   <snip-snip>
   Surely, 'refQueryID' should contain the queryID, and not refElement, while
   refElement should contain the articleName. I can fix it, just wanted to
   check, since I've been away for a while.
   -Frank

   PhD, Computational Biologist,
   Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
   Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
   617-432-3557       [1]http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons