[MOBY-dev] Code updates in jMOBY

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jul 7 19:34:31 UTC 2006

As far as I can see, jikes does not support Java 1.5 language features
yet.  And there hasn't been a new release of jikes for almost 2 years now.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1210781&group_id=128803&atid=712760

You can compile with the Java 1.5 runtime library, but you cannot
compile features introduced in Java1.5 such as Generics, autoboxing,
enumerated types, enhanced for loops, etc...  Looks like you'll have to
stick to javac for now.  It takes 22 seconds for me to compile everything.

Cheers,

Paul