[MOBY-dev] Code updates in jMOBY

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Jul 7 18:28:50 UTC 2006

Hi Martin,

Sure, I can have a look at why jikes craps out...

BTW, yes, I did make some minor code changes in classes directly in
org.biomoby.shared and org.biomoby.client, primarily because of package
creep.  The functionality should not really be affected, if it is, let
me know.  For example the formatFault you mentioned is replaced by 3
lines that do essentially the same thing.

By package creep, I mean that in order to compile core MOBY classes into
my non-MOBY cvs projects, I don't want to have to include lots of extra
jars (I'm writing applets, which have severe memory restrictions).  For
example, I moved JDOM specific code from Utils to JDOMUtils, and changed
all references to those methods (very few actually) in CVS.  Same thing
with the tulsoft libraries.  I think it's a generally good idea to limit
the number external dependencies in the core shared classes, no?

Cheers,

Paul