[MOBY-dev] Code updates in jMOBY

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 11:37:54 UTC 2006

> "ant clean" then a "build.sh" and everything seemed fine, but please let
> me know if jMOBY does something funny.

   Javac compiles it fine. But for year I have been using jikes because of
its speed and accuracy regarding the java spec. And this does not work
anymore now. I am using jikes 1.22 and it seems to be the latest version.
   This is annoying, but not critical. At least what I see so far.
   What is bothering me more is that you remove things that were working
fine and that my code relies on. For example:
   I have looked into the reported errorrs and in the CVS what had been
changed. I took an example, file CentralImpl.java. I wonder why you
removed things there, such as AxisUtils.formatFault? Now, BTW, it gives a
semantic error when compiled with jikes:

[javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
"/home/senger/moby-live/Java/src/main/org/biomoby/client/CentralImpl.java":

    [javac]    222.                 (endpoint.toString()+(call == null
? "" : call.getOperationName()), e);
    [javac]
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: In the conditional, the type of the true
sub-expression, "java.lang.String", is not compatible with the type of the
false sub-expression, "javax.xml.namespace.QName".

   Could we work on it soon please? Next week, I am giving a detailed
tutorial on Moby and I would prefer to have things working as they did
before.

   Thanks,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com