[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: Suggestion for new tag in Parameter(Secondary Input specification)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon Feb 27 22:53:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 23:44 +0100, Pieter Neerincx wrote:

> Hmmm I use enum for some integers as well. I think it's perfectly
> normal to say for example: enum [1,2,4,8].

Perhaps Paul can clarify what problem he is trying to solve.  My
instincts tell me that maybe he is having difficulty with casting un-
typed XML blocks as either Integer or String, as appropriate... is that
a correct interpretation of the problem Paul?

I think the combination of the <datatype> block and the <enum> block
should be able to indicate whether the ENUM is of type String or of type
Integer (or Float, or whatever).  Is that not sufficient?  Or am I
misunderstanding what the root of the problem is?