[MOBY-dev] [moby] Suggestion for new tag in Parameter (Secondary Input specification)

Johan Karlsson johan at ac.uma.es
Fri Feb 24 11:44:14 UTC 2006

Hi!

As Mark says, description of secondaries is something the INB have been
requesting for a while now.

Actually, we are already capturing this information together with some
additional information during service registration. We store this
information in a separate database, apart from the Moby Central database.

We have recently started a new registration procedure at the INB where
(as part of the procedure) service providers can add the following
additional information about their services:

·    Name of the author.
·    For each input and output (primary/collection parameters), a
description of the parameter, and a data type example.
·    For each secondary parameter, a description of the parameter and an
example value.
·    Help file for the service (in XML format)
·    Keywords describing the service (we are working on "semantic" searches)

Maybe some of this information can be useful to the BioMoby community?

Kind regards,
Johan Karlsson