[MOBY-dev] [moby] Suggestion for new tag in Parameter (Secondary Input specification)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Feb 23 19:22:08 UTC 2006

Ah!  right! That reminds me I need to write a test for the updates to
the Relationships API call (and document them properly).

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:12 -0500, Frank Gibbons wrote:
> At 01:17 PM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
> > > If nobody objects, I'll add it to the API right away.  It should only
> > > take a couple of minutes to code.
> > >
> >    No objection in Philippines. Just also please update the docs.
>

> Wow, what efficiency, what compatibility, what.... interoperability!
>
> I'd just like to make a plug for adding a line to the Perl tests, to verify
> that this new feature "works". You get to define what "works" means - at
> the very least, I suggest that if I try to register a service that either
> specifies or doesn't specify the <desc> field, the registration should go
> through successfully (assuming there's no other reason for it to fail). I
> encourage all Perl developers to write tight tests, so you may want to take
> it further than that minimal definition.
>
> Just on this topic, what does the java crew use for unit-testing?
>
> -F
>

> PhD, Computational Biologist,
> Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
> Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
> 617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future