[MOBY-dev] [moby] Suggestion for new tag in Parameter (Secondary Input specification)

Frank Gibbons francis_gibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 23 19:12:51 UTC 2006

At 01:17 PM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
> > If nobody objects, I'll add it to the API right away.  It should only
> > take a couple of minutes to code.
> >
>    No objection in Philippines. Just also please update the docs.

Wow, what efficiency, what compatibility, what.... interoperability!

I'd just like to make a plug for adding a line to the Perl tests, to verify
that this new feature "works". You get to define what "works" means - at
the very least, I suggest that if I try to register a service that either
specifies or doesn't specify the <desc> field, the registration should go
through successfully (assuming there's no other reason for it to fail). I
encourage all Perl developers to write tight tests, so you may want to take
it further than that minimal definition.

Just on this topic, what does the java crew use for unit-testing?

-F

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons