[MOBY-dev] New website parts of the CVS

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Feb 17 19:25:26 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Responding to the discussion of a misleading link to "code releases"
there are now three links in the right panel of the homepage:

1)  Code releases ->   moby-live/Docs/ProjectDocs/Releases
2)  General Docs ->   moby-live/Docs/ProjectDocs
3)  CVS Repository -> view.cgi CVS viewer

v.v. editing the website in general:  The website is not run as a
dictatorship - anyone who wants to be able to edit the Wordpress pages
is welcome to ask Simon for a password - however to put the entire
website into the CVS is just begging to return to the state we were in
before where the pages are hard to maintain and generally unstyled and
"ugly".  We get a LOT of benefit from having the core pages under
Wordpress, and Simon put a lot of effort into setting this up.  I don't
see the need to throw the baby out with the bathwater for the sake of
giving an appearance of openness that, in fact, already exists.  I would
prefer that we thank Simon for his efforts and work within the framework
that he has set up for us, rather than against it.

...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future