[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: Cleaning up the Object ontology - Inheriting from base Object

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Feb 17 17:46:53 UTC 2006

I don't want to remove things from the registry!

I want to find a solution to the problem you are experiencing that also
enhances the interoperability between your services and the services of
others - this is clearly of mutual benefit.  For your objects to not be
easily discovered is, of course, entirely your business... but wouldn't
it be better if they were?

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 17:21 +0000, Martin Senger wrote:
> > Am I mis-interpreting the problem?  If so, please explain it to me.
> >
>    Yes, you are. The problem is that you want to remove things from
> registry if you do not like how they are created. If our objects will not
> be easy discoverable, fine, our decision. And you can make your objects as
> good as you wish. You are mixing subjects: "what to allow" and "what to
> recommend".
>
>    Martin

...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future