[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: Cleaning up the Object ontology - Inheriting from base Object

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Feb 17 00:34:01 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 00:19 +0000, Martin Senger wrote:

>    My position is clear here, and without any heat in my heart (my heart
> has already burned in the pre-xmas discussion you mentioned) I just state
> that this is unacceptable for me.

I made the argument from my perspective, but I'd like your counter-
argument to be known and clearly understood by the community.  The two
approaches to the use of the MOBY Object ontology are not entirely
interoperable with each other, so it is important for everyone two know
why they might want to chose one philosophy or the other before making a
decision on how to construct their services.

but you will feel no heat from me either :-)  Only respectful discussion
and (perhaps) disagreement.

...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future