[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: problems with retrieveService() in Perl API

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Fri Feb 10 17:31:47 UTC 2006

On 10-Feb-2006, at 6:11 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 18:03 +0100, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
>
>> I posted the "anyURI" problem at the S::L list and
>> so far haven't had any feedback :(
>
> That problem surely must be a bug in S::L - just because the content
> *contains* a URI, doesn't mean that it *is* a URI!

I know, I'll check if it's still there in 0.67 or whether Franks'
second problem was yet another new bug.

> What confuses me is why S::L is making this choice given that we
> are now
> explicitly telling it in the WSDL that the body is *not* a URI but
> rather a block of XML...??  Maybe S::L doesn't really read the WSDL
> properly at all??

In 0.66 it simply does a regexp on the entire message and if it finds
'http://' *anywhere* in the XML it puts that  *&#!@ anyURI label on
the payload, which is not serialised client-side.

Have a nice weekend,

Pi

> --
> --
> ...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
> --
> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor
> Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics
> iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital
> Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274
>
> "For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
>        a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
> What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and
> interesting
>       that communication has become more than a conduit,
>        it has become a destination in its own right..."
>
>                 Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen