[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: problems with retrieveService() in Perl API

Frank Gibbons francis_gibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 10 17:19:57 UTC 2006

At 12:11 PM 2/10/2006, you wrote:
>On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 18:03 +0100, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
>
> > I posted the "anyURI" problem at the S::L list and
> > so far haven't had any feedback :(
>
>That problem surely must be a bug in S::L - just because the content
>*contains* a URI, doesn't mean that it *is* a URI!
>
>What confuses me is why S::L is making this choice given that we are now
>explicitly telling it in the WSDL that the body is *not* a URI but
>rather a block of XML...??  Maybe S::L doesn't really read the WSDL
>properly at all??

Well, if you take a look at the structure of the SOAP messages, you can see
that 0.67 is using a 2001 schema, while 0.60 is still using a 1999 schema.
This means that almost all tags in the SOAP message are completely
difference, even the most basic ones. Of course, there are additional ones
too, but to me it seems most likely that the older SOAP is looking for
high-level tags, which are no longer provided by S::L 0.67, and therefore
it thinks that the entire message is empty. I could be wrong (it's happened
once or twice before ;-), but my sense is that my problem at least (and
that of any new MOBY users who happen along) is not necessarily at the
level of "anyURL", WSDL, or some other feature.

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons