[MOBY-dev] Frank's problems

mark wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Feb 10 06:06:59 UTC 2006

Hi Frank,

Let's maybe try to get in touch by phone tomorrow.  I'll put some debugging and soap trace statements into the code on my mobycentral instance on bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca (same os and codebase as the public registry) and we can play around for a while - maybe we'll be able to figure out what is going wrong... I want to see what is being received at this end to see if I am receiving the same message that you are sending!  Hopefully the problem will be obvious...

Have you done a trace on your soap messages (add "use SOAP::Lite +trace;" somewhere in your code) to see exactly what is going out on the wire as it leaves your client?  I have never seen anything like the bug that you are reporting, so it might help if we are on the phone and I can watch the server error logs etc while you make a call... Bioinfo is quiet - only you and I and one of our special projects students will be using it tomorrow so it will be easier to monitor than the public registry.

Let me know what time is good for you, and a number I can call to find you,

Mark Wilkinson
...on the road!