[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: Perl API and BioMOBY Central WSDL: BioMOBY with new "stable" SOAP::Lite broken...

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Thu Feb 2 17:12:23 UTC 2006

On 1-Feb-2006, at 8:47 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 17:53 +0100, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
>
>> No I think you got it right. S::L shouldn't mess it up, but I can
>> predict that fixing it by changing the prefix in BioMOBY is much
>> faster than trying to get a fix into the next "stable" release of
>> S::L.
>
> Please go ahead with this change.

Ok I'll change the prefix for that namespace from soap to wsoap then.

> The other problems are a bit more frustrating, and harder to deal
> with!
> It isn't just a question of being S::L compatible, it's also a
> question
> of doing the right thing, since we have to be compatible with the
> Java/Python libraries as well.  If S::L is wrong, then we need to push
> them to change; if *we* are wrong, then we need to recognize that and
> fix the message structure.
>
> I need to do some more reading to figure out which is the case.

Ok, please let me know what you think. As far as I understand it, the
problem with that 'anyURI' thing is a S::L bug, but for the one with
the double encoding I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter who
encodes the string as long as not both the BioMOBY Perl modules and
S::L try to do it...

Pi

> --
> --
> ...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
> --
> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor
> Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics
> iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital
> Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274
>
> "For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
>        a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
> What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and
> interesting
>       that communication has become more than a conduit,
>        it has become a destination in its own right..."
>
>                 Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen