[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: Perl API and BioMOBY Central WSDL: BioMOBY with new "stable" SOAP::Lite broken...

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Feb 1 19:47:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 17:53 +0100, Pieter Neerincx wrote:

> No I think you got it right. S::L shouldn't mess it up, but I can
> predict that fixing it by changing the prefix in BioMOBY is much
> faster than trying to get a fix into the next "stable" release of
> S::L.

Please go ahead with this change.

The other problems are a bit more frustrating, and harder to deal with!
It isn't just a question of being S::L compatible, it's also a question
of doing the right thing, since we have to be compatible with the
Java/Python libraries as well.  If S::L is wrong, then we need to push
them to change; if *we* are wrong, then we need to recognize that and
fix the message structure.

I need to do some more reading to figure out which is the case.

...his last words were 'Hey guys!  Watch this!'
--
Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future