[MOBY-dev] [moby] Here's a question....

Frank Gibbons francis_gibbons at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 1 18:56:09 UTC 2006

At 01:45 PM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
>You should be editing the code in the moby-live/Perl/MOBY* folder, and
>then running:
>
>perl Makefile.pl
>make
>make install
>
>each time to install it.

Thanks, Mark. So each time I make a change to a source file, I re-do the
entire build process? That's what I had decided needed to happen, as
illogical as it sounds to me, since the usual "make" wasn't working properly.

Why do we have the duality between MOBY and lib/MOBY? (There's also the
version in blib/lib/MOBY, but we know that's created by Perl automatically,
so let's not even go there.) Wouldn't it be easier to have a single copy?
Is there a good reason to have two copies (I alluded to some in my previous
emails).

-Frank

PhD, Computational Biologist,
Harvard Medical School BCMP/SGM-322, 250 Longwood Ave, Boston MA 02115, USA.
Tel: 617-432-3555       Fax:
617-432-3557       http://llama.med.harvard.edu/~fgibbons