[MOBY-dev] Collections vs. Simples in registry service searches, a bug?

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 15 21:05:34 UTC 2006

Hi all,

While I agree that makes sense for a *client* such as MOWServ to do this
type of splitting if it wants, my major problem is that the *registry*
treats both equally.  Collections should only be registered as input
types where a collection is actually used as a single entity, e.g.
multiple sequence alignments.  If you want to allow multiple
DNASequences to be fed into a request for a BLAST service, the service
should take a single DNASequence, and you can put multiple mobyData
blocks in the request.

Currently, I must check through the services returned by the registry
and exclude those that take DNASequence Collections in order to avoid
errors in my Seahawk client...this seems very wrong.  Mark? Eddie?