[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.2 - wsa:IsReferenceParameter='true' attribute missing ?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Fri Aug 25 12:27:38 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The WS-Addressing 1.0 SOAP Binding specifies that reference
parameters that are used in a SOAP Header MUST have the
wsa:IsReferenceParameter parameter with the value true. This is
currently missing from the BioMOBY Async services proposal.

Hence, if we use our "ticket" <moby:ServiceInvocationId> as a
reference parameter in a <wsa:EndpointReference> and this ticket is
used to poll for service status the  <moby:ServiceInvocationId> tag
should look like this:

<soap:Envelope>
    <soap:Header>
       . . .
       <wsa:To wsu:Id="To">http://myserver.com/MyService</wsa:To>
       <moby:ServiceInvocationId wsa:IsReferenceParameter="true">ID</
moby:ServiceInvocationId>
       <wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/
GetResourceProperty/GetResourcePropertyRequest</wsa:Action>
       . . .
    </soap:Header>
    <soap:Body>
       <GetResourceProperty>status_queryId00</GetResourceProperty>
    </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

wsa:IsReferenceParameter attribute also needs to be added to the XML
for other requests to get resource properties and to the XML for the
destroy request.

Cheers,

Pi