[MOBY-dev] CRIB xrefType ontology ?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Tue Aug 22 15:58:40 UTC 2006

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the explanation. Then I'll just put something sensible
string there for the time being. I'll add a note to the docs that the
Cross-Reference-Type Ontology is a vaportology for now...

Cheers,

Pi

On 22-Aug-2006, at 3:58 PM, Paul Gordon wrote:

> We never got around to making a proper ontology for it.  Right now
> it's
> just a string, as far as I know.
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Today I was adding some CrossReference Information Blocks (CRIBs).
>> According to the API documentation the xrefType attribute for an Xref
>> is "a term from the Cross-Reference-Type Ontology indicating the
>> semantic type of this cross-reference". However the documentation
>> doesn't provide a link to this Cross-Reference-Type Ontology. I tried
>> to Google it, but wasn't successful. Where should I look to figure
>> out which xrefTypes are available? It's not part of MOBY Central
>> is it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Pi

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen