[MOBY-dev] [moby] moby service templates

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 16:17:49 UTC 2006

Right right,

I am basing much of my work on Martin previous work.
But what I am doing is adapting a wrapper software (PyWrapper) that is
used to connect database to GBIF (do you remember?). The users of this
software map their database to a common ontology and then the wrapper
can generate "community/standard" XML schemas. The user maps his
database visually (through a config tool) and then the work is done.
The idea is to provide BioMOBY support there, so automatically when
the user maps his database to this common ontology he will become a
BioMOBY provider for a certain services. This mapping file is what
indicates what "concepts" in out ontology are needed to generate a
certain BioMOBY service (defined in the template).

So, no programming at all, the database owner maps his database to the
ontology and the software takes care of, by looking at the mapping
file (curated by a MOBY expert), register and become available as a
MOBY service.

I think it should work (apart of the multiple invocation who is giving
me some headache).
The only issue I have is in finding good examples of where is this
useful at all (but I suppose this is not my bussiness :D)

Javier.