[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY meeting Fortaleza 3: Asynchronous services

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Sat Aug 5 19:21:32 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The last e-mails about the asynchronous services proposal are more
than 5 months old, so we were wondering what happened. We know it
takes time to create a good proposal and just hope the people at INB
in Spain have not given up on reaching consensus. We know there is a
demand for asynchronous services. Both Martin and I have already
implemented asynchronous services, because we needed something for
the time being. If I remember correctly the INB in Spain also already
has some asynchronous services and there might be more. Most likely
whatever all of us implemented is "compatible" with the current
BioMOBY API, but having many different ways to invoke asynchronous
services doesn't make life easier for clients. Interoperability is
Paramount! So let's get the asynchronous services proposal back on
the agenda. Could someone from INB please give us a status update on
their proposal?

Thanks,

Martin & Pieter