[MOBY-dev] [moby] Moby services in Python

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 10:00:07 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

Good to hear from you.

I have downloaded and I am testing it, I dont know if I will finally
make use of it. I am working on providing moby support to PyWrapper
(the first TAPIR implementation, remember?). The final goal is to make
easy for data providers in the GCP context (and GBIF) to make their
data available as a retrieval service for moby users.

I have another question. If I remember correctly it was not possible
to describe moby data types with XML Schema so I suspect it is not
possible to generate WSDL files for most of the services. But I see
that in the Python library that there is a retrieveServiceWSDL method.
What kinf of WSDL can you generate if the inputs are not fixed? You
generate your WSDL for what you expect and then you dont validate the
input requests and try to process them?

Finally, is there a registry, or part of it, where I can play
registering data types? It is easy to register things but difficult to
delete them and I do not want to leave my testing in the real
registry.

Thanks in advance.

Javier.