[MOBY-dev] namespaces in Moby (and generally)

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 10:30:53 UTC 2006

Hi all (and perhaps especially Paul),
  I am unsure if I am doing namespace things properly in jMoby. Perhaps
somebody can enlighten me on the topic. Thanks in advance.
  When I am parsing a moby XML I assume that the elements and attributes
either do not have any namespace attached, or that they have the namespace
exactly like this: http://www.biomoby.org/moby.
  But I have this namespace hard-coded (actually taken from one of Paul's
classes in jMoby). Is this correct, or should I rather read the parsed
XML, and find there the namespace definition (in this case in the MOBY
element:

   <moby:MOBY xmlns:moby='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'>...

and to use the string that is defined there? For example, recently I was
in a discussion with Ivan from INB, his message started as:

   <moby:MOBY xmlns:moby='http://www.biomoby.org/moby-s'>...

   Thanks and with regards,

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com