[MOBY-dev] RFC #1863 - change request & question

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Sep 28 22:39:23 UTC 2005

Hi David,

I have a question:  Have you now lost interest in raising exceptions to
individual simples in a collection?  I notice that your RFC no longer
handles this case (though I came to realize that it was a good idea
after you explained it to me :-) )

Also a request for change:

Change 1

FROM
In the case of Retrieve calls, failure will be silent and an empty
object of the associated output
type will be returned.

In the case of Retrieve calls, failure will be silent should rise an
exception and an empty object
of the associated output type will be returned.

TO (REVISED)
In the case of an error, failure should raise an exception and an empty
mobyData block with the appropriate queryID will be returned.

Comments:  the wording in the original API are wrong - the object is no
empty, the mobyData block is empty.

--
"Ontologists do it with the edges!"

Mark Wilkinson