[MOBY-dev] Moby objects in Taverna. Where do they come from?

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Tue Sep 27 09:31:05 UTC 2005

Hi Eddie,

On 27-Sep-2005, at 3:40 AM, Edward Kawas wrote:

> Hi Pieter,
>
> I have been toying around with your endpoint. I noticed that
> the URL you gave earlier for the Object RDF was inconsistent
> with what was retrieved from the API call
> getResourceLocation(or something like that ...).
>
> I think that this occurred when you opened up your endpoint
> and perhaps forgot to modify it in your mobycentral.conf
> file (does https://bioinfw05:somePort/... resolve on your
> machine?).

Ooops, you are right I forgot to change the hostname into an IP
address in that conf file. It does resolve in our LAN because the
hostname is added to the hosts file on all the machines, but it
doesn't resolve outside our LAN. I've fixed it now.

> The plugin utilizes the API call and hence wouldn't be able
> to create a personalized Mobycentral processor (Moby
> services and data types) list in Taverna without it.
>
> Once I utilized the URLs that you specified in this message,
> everything went as it should. I was able to use your
> processors, etc.

The behaviour I described is still the same for me. It works fine as
long as I manually add my local central, but simply specifying my
local central in the taverna/conf/mygrid.properties file doesn't
work. There must be a difference in the way the BioMOBY scavanger is
constructed during startup of Taverna and when you manually add a
BioMOBY scavanger...

> I am uploading another version (I tweaked some of the logic)
> of the plugin in about 5 minutes. Word on the street is that
> Taverna 1.3 is going to be available later on this week
> (Friday?) and so that version most likely would be the one
> you would want to use.

Nice! I'll get myself a cup of coffee and try the new version ...

Cheers,

Pieter

Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3