[MOBY-dev] dashboard

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Nov 26 05:19:46 UTC 2005

> 1) If I use the planet registry it reads out the datatypes but after
> finishing reading it doesn't have them anymore.

   This would be a serious bug, not a "small thing" :-) You were simply
too polite in your answer... Can I try myself, is the plant registry
open? If so, please give me th URL and URI.
    Anyway, what do you mean by "does not have them anymore"? Does it show
anything in the data types tree, or nothing at all? Perhaps it is again
the bug I have mentioned in the "known bug" about synchronization - I
*have* to find what is wrong here, it drives me crazy!

> Is it possible that it misses the LSID resolver which we don't have
> yet?

   No, nothing to do with LSID resolver. Dasboard, and me either, do not
use LSID resolver. And will not until it is clearly defined. Biomoby is
vague about it. I will respond more specifically about in later when I
reply to Mark's email.

> 2) In the Moses-Generator section I couldn't find out how to select a
> service to generate code for...

   In the same way as in any selction list: CTRL and click on selected -
and it should unselect (there may be some OS-specific ways but I think
that CTRL, or Apple keys usually works).

> I have them in the service listing on the left but how do I select one
> to generate code for??

   All services that are selected in the tree on the left will be used to
generate code for them. You can select either an authority - then all
their services will be used, or individual services. Yoy can select more
by holding CTRL or SHIFT key (again, this is not Dasboard specific, it is
the same with other programs taht allow multiple selection). Below the
tree there is a note how many services and authorities are currently
selected.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)