[moby] [MOBY-dev] Registrying a moby service that takes an input collection

Arnaud Kerhornou akerhornou at imim.es
Mon Nov 7 15:37:59 UTC 2005

Edward Kawas wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is happening, because Taverna is expecting an object
>type of DNASequence, yet CommentedDNASequence is being
>passed in.

okay, maybe i should have asked this before, the service returns
CommentedDNASequence objects, and the service specs say DNASequence
objects, but CommentedDNASequence is-a DNASequence.

I designed the service to return DNASequence objects. Then a user asked
me to add a description foreach sequence the service returns, so i just
changed the type of object the service returns to CommentedDNASequence
and I didn't changed the specification of the service because i thought
i didn't have to.

Does it mean it is not allowed to do so ?

I have a similar problem with the next service in my workflow. This
service analyzes DNASequence objects. But i get CommentedDNASequence
objects from the retrieval service. Again i can not do that ?

Arnaud