[MOBY-dev] A consequence of the new Object inheritence rules...

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 23:52:38 UTC 2005

Mark,
   What the hell are you talking about? :-)
   It's morning here so I may not be fully awoke...

> The way I see it, one of the consequences of not inheriting from
> Primitives is that MOBY now has its first "reserved word".

   The reserverd words we have are the names of primitive types (String,
Integer, Float, DateTime, Boolean, Object), we do not need any reserved
word for an article name.
   You created the name 'content' just because you changed the old
ontology to the new one by a script - which is fine (as long as nobody in
that time was using the name 'content' for any HAS[A] members - probably
was not, or possibly your script could have be clever and check this). But
now, it really does not matter how to name it, does it?

> The primary content of a given object

   There is nothing like "the primary content". And if yes, today is the
first time I hear it. I hope we do not need such concept.
   No, unless you explain it further I do not see any need for having a
primary content, and that's why we do not need any reserved word for it.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)