[MOBY-dev] Re: [moby] Re: [MOBY-l] RDF file problem

José María Fernández jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Tue May 31 18:26:00 UTC 2005

I have been talking to our webmasters about our Apache configuration,
and they showed me the way to configure Apache to map Tomcat services.
It is like this one:

ProxyPass /thePath http://other.machine/otherPath
ProxyPassReverse /thePath http://other.machine/otherPath

As you can see, you have to write *twice* the equivalence, but with
different commands. The first one (ProxyPass) tells Apache that all
queries to /thePath and its subpaths should be rewritten as
http://other.machine/otherPath (and its subpaths). The second command
(ProxyPassReverse) tells Apache that it must work as a reverse proxy for
that path, instead of redirecting the queries with a HTTP 305 code.

It is obvius ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse works because current
application servers handle HTTP requests. Tomcat 4 and above *must* do
that because they follow the 2.3 servlet specification, which tells that
the application server must handle and understand HTTP requests.

	Best Regards,
		José María