[MOBY-dev] Re: [moby] Re: [MOBY-l] RDF file problem

Tom Oinn tmo at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 30 22:32:58 UTC 2005

Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> We're looking into using mod_jk to do this kind of auto-forwarding of
> tomcat requests through port 80.

You could do what the EBI does and use the ProxyPass directive in Apache
- I don't believe we use any of the mod_jk style connectors at all in
our web architecture and it all appears to work well enough. You do
occasionally get slightly hard to debug behaviour if something goes
wrong but it's a whole lot less hassle to configure and doesn't need any
new software. Services we're running such as Martin's SoapLab are
exposed like this and it all appears happy.

Tom