[moby] [MOBY-dev] How to register the service to Moby

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 31 18:50:21 UTC 2005

Hi Chunyan,

Please tell me where you found the link to that website - I am trying to
"squash" them all :-)

That particular tutorial, and the code modules that are described in it,
are significantly out of date, and *will not* result in functional
services under the new API.

Please follow the tutorial on the website that I sent you yesterday.

Unfortunately, MOBY Central has crashed AGAIN this morning so you will
not be able to register your service there until it is restarted... I
still have not found the source of these ongoing problems but the
crashes are getting worse - I can't even log in to that machine
anymore.  If I cannot find the source of these problems by the end of
the week I will ask everyone to point their code at the mirror of MOBY
Central that I am running here in Vancouver, since it seems to be more
stable.

>>sigh<<

Cheers all

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:38, Chunyan Wang wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I say "the Fasta Example Service" which is at the URL:
> http://plantgenome.sdsc.edu/mobyed2/Fasta_Service/.
> I have a set of codes: Hmm_test_central.pl, HMMSearch.pm,
> MobyEd_dispatcher.cgi for HMM search. I have a function for registering
> service to Moby in the Hmm_test_central.pl.
> I think when I run Hmm_test_central.pl, them HMM service will be
> registered in Moby center. But I use the command line to check it, it is
> not registered. I am not clear about this. Do we get any email from Moby
> once the service is registered?
> Anyway, Thank you for the information. I will check the tutorial again.
> I guess that I may did not correct.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joyce
>
> Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>
> >Hi Joyce,
> >
> >When you say "the Fasta example" which example do you mean?  Can you
> >send the URL?
> >
> >To answer your question - on this page:
> >http://www.biomoby.org/tutorials.html
> >
> >there is a tutorial that includes information about how to register your
> >service in MOBY Central.
> >
> >If you don't want to do it through code, there is also a web based GUI
> >written by Eddie Kawas that will help you register your service - you
> >can get to it by clicking the appropriate link from the Tools and Toys
> >page (http://www.biomoby.org/toolstoys.html).
> >
> >Unfortunately, MOBY Central has just crashed... badly... and I need
> >someone to reboot it, but it is on the other side of the continent so it
> >might take a while until someone notices.  As such, you will have to
> >wait for a while until you will be able to register your service.  Sorry
> >about that!  It doesn't happen very often...
> >
> >Let me know if you need any more help.
> >
> >Cheers!
> >
> >Mark
> >

> >On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 16:04, Chunyan Wang wrote:
> >

> >>Hi All,
> >>I am new to Moby. I followed the Fasta example service to create our
> >>svervice. How do I register our service to Moby Centrol? could Anyone
> >>let me know about?
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Joyce

Mark Wilkinson