[moby] [MOBY-dev] How to register the service to Moby

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 31 00:18:06 UTC 2005

Hi Joyce,

When you say "the Fasta example" which example do you mean?  Can you
send the URL?

To answer your question - on this page:
http://www.biomoby.org/tutorials.html

there is a tutorial that includes information about how to register your
service in MOBY Central.

If you don't want to do it through code, there is also a web based GUI
written by Eddie Kawas that will help you register your service - you
can get to it by clicking the appropriate link from the Tools and Toys
page (http://www.biomoby.org/toolstoys.html).

Unfortunately, MOBY Central has just crashed... badly... and I need
someone to reboot it, but it is on the other side of the continent so it
might take a while until someone notices.  As such, you will have to
wait for a while until you will be able to register your service.  Sorry
about that!  It doesn't happen very often...

Let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers!

Mark

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 16:04, Chunyan Wang wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am new to Moby. I followed the Fasta example service to create our
> svervice. How do I register our service to Moby Centrol? could Anyone
> let me know about?
> Thanks,
>
> Joyce
>
> Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >The LSID resolver for MOBY LSID's is up and running again thanks to
> >Eddie and with help and advice from Stephen Evanchik at IBM.
> >
> >I've also written a little CGI form that will resolve a MOBY LSID to the
> >screen for viewing.  This is available under the "Cool Tools" link from
> >the MOBY homepage.
> >
> >Cheers all!

> >(reminder - just one more day to register for the MOBY meeting at a
> >discount rate!!)

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)
Dept. Medical Genetics, UBC, Canada