[MOBY-dev] Java packages conversation

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 22 12:12:17 UTC 2005

> -What about the data templates and instances?

   What are data templates and instances?

>  Is org.biomoby.shared going away?  Should there be a org.biomoby.data
> instead?

   I hope I have explained things in my previous email.
'org.biomoby.shared' will stay (as far as I can tell). If you feel a need
for a sub-package containing data structure feel free to create
'org.biomoby.shared.data' (but at the moment I am not going to move there
any of my data classes - simple, as explained earlier, it is too many
changes in the users code which is not justified now - I believe).

> -Where should server side or combines server/client objects (e.g.
> MobyRequest) go?

   Why do you think that MobyRequest is a server/client combination? Do
you mean perhaps service/client combination? If that is the case, I think
this class should be in 'org.biomoby.shared' (or it its subpackage of your
choice). If this class is used only by clients (when they call a moby
service) then it should go to 'org.biomoby.client'.

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger