[moby] [MOBY-dev] About serviceNotes block

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Mon Mar 14 21:03:38 UTC 2005

> fixed.  Let me know if it is still a problem.

Okay, getServiceNotes works with CDATA.

> what kinds of information do you have in your XML?

Well, something like the next one. This is an example from INB
(http://www.inab.org) guys, which are stretching BioMOBY to its limits.
You should note they are using a different namespace, so they are
avoiding past, present and future XML tag collisions:

<moby:serviceNotes>
   <inb:Exception xmlns:inb='http://www.inab.org/errorMessages'>
       <inb:mobyData queryID='b2' severity='warning'>
         <inb:Value>incomplete_output</inb:Value>
         <inb:Description>IntAct DB engine was not
available</inb:Description>
       </inb:mobyData>
   </inb:Exception>
</moby:serviceNotes>

Looking at the example, the structure is describing that answer with
queryID 'b2' could be incomplete because some of the used databases was
not available at runtime. INB prefers serviceNotes block instead of
ProvisionInformation block because most of the warnings, and in general,
exception information, comprise the whole output, which is a Collection
for some services.

	The other drawback for ProvisionInformation is that it cannot appear in
a mobyData outside any object, or even Simple or Collection
declarations, so it becomes useless when you want (or need) to notify
some information related to a Collection, or there is no answer at all
because there was a problem with that query.

	Best Regards,
		José María

José María Fernández González		e-mail: jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Tlfn:	(+34) 91 585 54 50		Fax:	(+34) 91 585 45 06
Grupo de Diseño de Proteinas		Protein Design Group
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología	National Center of Biotechnology
C.P.: 28049				Zip Code: 28049
C/. Darwin nº 3 (Campus Cantoblanco, U. Autónoma), Madrid (Spain)