[MOBY-dev] rfcf 5. LSIDs and Service Instances

José María Fernández González jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Wed Jul 20 15:03:56 UTC 2005

> 5. LSIDs and Service Instances
>
> a..If a service instance is registered by 2 different
> authoritys, should they have the same LSID?

Only if we can assure they are the SAME service (replicated services),
which would require external help.

> b. if the service instance is registered in 2 registries,
> should the LSIDs be the same?

No, they shouldn't, unless they are registered by the same authority.

> c. will modified service instances have versioning
> information?

I think it should, because versioning information could help in the use
of services from different registries, or the integration of those
registries.

José María Fernández González		e-mail: jmfernandez at cnb.uam.es
Tlfn:	(+34) 91 585 54 50		Fax:	(+34) 91 585 45 06
Grupo de Diseño de Proteinas		Protein Design Group
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología	National Center of Biotechnology
C.P.: 28049				Zip Code: 28049
C/. Darwin nº 3 (Campus Cantoblanco, U. Autónoma), Madrid (Spain)