[moby] [MOBY-dev] Re: Problems with Biomoby servicesin Taverna 1.2

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 12:39:27 UTC 2005

Hi all,
   Catching up my email piles I wonder if someone can summarize if the
discussion about collections in this thread brought any (planned) changes
in the API (I am not talking now about how it is, or should be,
implemented in Taverna, that's, imho, an another story).
   My understanding is that (talking about one mobyData object):
   a) Any Moby service can have more outputs. If so, all of them must be
registered. The number of such outputs must be fixed.
   b) Any of these outputs can be of type either Simple or Collection.
   c) If it is a Collection, this output can have one or more Simples in
that Collection. Such Simples (and their number) are not individually
registered.

   Has this vision been changed?

   Thanks,

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger