[moby] [MOBY-dev] Re: API Change/Recommendation/Best-Practice/Meme Proposal

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Jul 13 16:16:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 09:50 -0600, Paul Gordon wrote:

>     We are talking about decomposition. What you are talking about is
> inheritence.

Yes, but I'm just saying that the *current* behaviour that Heiko was
objecting to is due to inheritence, and the behaviour can be switched
off if it is *immediately* troublesome.

Of course, it will also disappear if we start to use a composition model
rather than an inheritence model to put e.g. strings into objects, but
that doesn't help anyone in the short-term.

"Ontologists do it with the edges!"

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Medical Genetics