[MOBY-dev] Java tools and BioMOBY over HTTPS?

Tom Oinn tmo at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 16:05:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

We've had Taverna working for HTTPS web services so it should be fine
for the MOBY operations. You need to check that the certificate has a
valid signature chain and that the name of the entity in the certificate
matches the hostname - we had issues with a certificate from a server in
china that the java security framework rejected because the (I think) CN
part of the DN in the cert wasn't the same as the hostname of the endpoint.

Tom