[moby] [MOBY-dev] questions about gbrowse-moby

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 11 18:20:42 UTC 2005

Hi Yan!

> The question I have is What kind of SOAP messages does gbrowse_moby send
> to query services?
>
> Is there any source of gbrowse_moby?

gbrowse_moby is part of the Gbrowse codebase, and you can get it by
checking-out Gbrowse (gmod.sourceforge.net).  At the moment there is no
way to install gbrowse_moby without installing the rest of gbrowse, but
I do plan on adding a Makefile "switch" sometime soon...  What you
should do is go through the Gbrowse Makefile/make process and then
rather than doing the "make install" step, just look in the cgi-bin
folder and you will find the "maked" gbrowse_moby source code.

It looks like your problem is here:

xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby"><moby:mobyContent><moby:mobyData

You are not escaping the '<' before your mobyContent and mobyData
tags...

I think that is the problem (just by a quick eyeball analysis...)

Let me know if that does not work and I'll investigate further.

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)
Dept. Medical Genetics, UBC, Canada