[moby] [MOBY-dev] jMoby compilation problems

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Apr 8 14:18:35 UTC 2005

I always like software demos.  Just my CAN$0.02 worth, but as this is a
developers meeting, it might make sense to (in this order):

Day 1:
1) have general updates from the leaders on S-MOBY and MOBY-S on
language-neutral subjects (e.g. usage stats, publications, changes to
the architecture, support software status, etc.)
2) have a  series of (a) software or (b) canned programming demos from
interested parties to show off (a) what people are doing with the system
as it stands today or (b) how easy/hard it is to code, inspiring others
to improve their APIs

Lunch

3) have discussions amongst everyone on S-MOBY and MOBY-S
language-neutral subjects (e.g. namespace usage, potential changes to
the architecture, how to improve robustness, etc.)
4) Bird of a Feather meetings to resolve language specific API issues,
plus how to possibly implement improvements discussed in (3).  This will
likely continue to be discussed into the evening until too many "wobbly
pops" are consumed.

Day 2:
1) Flesh out changes to the central, platform neutral APIs/architectures
based on contemplation and discussion from yesterday.
2) Updates from all BoFs to the group on what they discussed
3) Discussed future directions, "action items" (forgive the management
speak) and how they can be coordinated

Lunch

4) Birds of a Feather meetings to either do a mini-hackathon, discuss
futher, and/or document API changes