[moby] Re: [MOBY-dev] Apache2 & mod_perl 2

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Tue Apr 5 14:56:51 UTC 2005

I don't think that Apache/mod_perl are the problem - I think the problem
is with the (known) incompatibilities between Apache1 and EXPAT.  This
would make some sense, since we recently migrated from XML::DOM to
XML::LibXML, and that seems to be when the worst of the symptoms
started.

The problem is that I have tried all the fixes for this problem that I
could find through Google and none of them have worked so far, so I am
left with no other option but to try upgrading in hopes that Apache2 has
no incompatibilities (if that really is the problem...).  The concern
with doing so is that I know there were incompatibilities between
Apache2 and mod_perl a year or so ago when I last tried this, so I am
wondering if anyone knows if these have now been resolved.

--
Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)