[MOBY-dev] S-MOBY Install on OS X

Gary Schiltz gss at ncgr.org
Tue Jul 13 17:51:54 UTC 2004

Simon Twigger wrote:
[...]
> I managed to get the S-MOBY reference implementation up and running on
> my PowerBook this morning. It wasn't completely plain sailing though the
> install docs are great.

It's great (and a little scary :-) to see someone looking at Semantic
MOBY! I'm glad to see that you got it running on OS X - I have assumed
that it would work, but haven't had the chance (or hardware) to try it out.

[...]
> Gary/Damian: I can add these notes to the S-MOBY/ref-impl/INSTALL.html
> file and commit to the CVS repository if you would like, or I can leave
> it to you to add in as appropriate.
>
> Simon.

I would be quite happy for you to modify INSTALL.html to include the
notes that you wrote up (perhaps in a separate "OS-X-NOTES.html" file
linked to from INSTALL.html; you make the call). I would be very happy
to see someone else get involved with S-MOBY, since NCGR/CSHL funding
for the project is winding down.

I'm making quite a few changes that haven't been checked in yet, in
order to bring the www.semanticmoby.org web site online. The site will
include more examples and keyword-based search. Now I have incentive to
make sure my changes don't break anyone else's installation when I do
check them in :-)

// Gary