[MOBY-dev] Re: [unclassified] graphs again...

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Oct 15 14:45:13 EDT 2003

getting closer every time :-)

There are still some peculiarities...  it seems to revolve around a
specific interpretation of service namespace.  IMO - a service that
registers itself as consuming * object in the N namespace can only be
fed by a service that produces an object in the N namespace (not by a
service that produces objects  in * namespace).

So, for example, there should not be a connection between
getGoTermAssociations and SearchPubmed, because the former outputs
*unknown* namespace, but the latter *only* consumes the global_keyword
namespace, so it is unlikely (though possible, I suppose) that these
services will feed into each other.  I think that we should assume that
they cannot.

At least, that's the way I view the world.  I think that connections
that are not true for all cases should be left out of the graph.