[MOBY] [MOBY-dev] main link

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Oct 1 14:16:58 EDT 2003

Hi Will,

I just tried to ping mobycentral and I notice it is still dead.  The
hurricane was ~as strong as Isobel and I know that the institute was
badly damaged in the storm. (I was meeting with the director of the
institute the day the storm hit and he had to fly back immediately to
deal with the damage!).

It may be a few days yet before we get it all back on-line, but it does
speak to the need for a more distributed architecture.  This is already
on the agenda for the MOBY meeting this week.

Also, this type of message is probably more appropriately directed to
the moby-l list rather than the moby-dev list as it is a "discussion"
issue rather than a core code development issue.

Cheers!

Mark

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 10:51, Will Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am afraid your main demo link under Consumers on the Where do I Start
> page, is broken...mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca.
> Hence it is hard to get started :(
>
> Will Nelson
> U. Arizona

Mark Wilkinson <markw at illuminae.com>