[MOBY] [MOBY-dev] Hello from the "Motherland"

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu May 15 17:05:03 UTC 2003

Answer to all of your questions:

DON'T!

Just wait a couple of weeks until the stable version is coded up, or you
will have to learn everything all over again.

Mark

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 12:00, Duncan Hull wrote:
> Dear Moby-Dev
>
> First I should introduce myself, my name is Duncan and I'm working with
> Carole Goble and Phil Lord in Manchester, England to add semantics to
> biomoby central - "Semantic Web Services" - if you like.
>
> Second, I have a few questions that I hope moby-dev can answer or at
> least shed some light on:
>
> 1. Which version of My-SQL is best to use, does it matter? The options are:
> MySQL-server-VERSION.i386.rpm
> MySQL-devel-VERSION.i386.rpm
> MySQL-shared-VERSION.i386.rpm
> according to
> http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#Linux-RPM
>
> 2. Mark Wilksinson (Hi again, its a real shame you can't make it back to
> the "motherland" this summer) - I need a dump of the database
> MOBY_Central as detailed in your notes on
> http://www.biomoby.org/InstallingMOBYCentral.html
>
> 3. Which version of biomoby central is the most stable and would be
> suitable for checkpointing from CVS I need a stable version of moby
> central that I can sandbox and play around with in the lab? Currently,
> just need a version so I can get at the DAG classification of services
> in the database.
>
> Any help / pointers appreciated.
>
> -- Duncan
>
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk
>
> No electrons were hurt in the making of this email

                                    |--==\
Mark Wilkinson, Ph.D.                \==-|
Bioinformatics Consultant             \=/        0010010010100101110010
Illuminae Media                       /-\
727 6th Ave. N.                      /-==|       0010100100111101010010
Saskatoon, SK, Canada               |==-/
S7K 2S8                              \=/         0100100100010010010101
+1 (306) 373 3841                     /\
markw at illuminae.com                  /=-\        1101001010100101010101
                                    |--==\